Terms and Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions the following words have the following meanings:
- My Pension Online is the name of the online service you are accessing.
- Record means any pension record which you hold and access via our online service.
- Password and username mean the password and name you use to identify yourself when you use our online service.
- We, us and our means Avon Pension Fund, administered by Bath and North East Somerset Council.
- You, your and yourself refer to the person who has entered into this agreement with us.
- Device means your Mobile, Tablet, PC or alternative supported browser method.
These Terms & Conditions apply to your use of our Online Service in relation to Pension record(s) you hold. They explain the relationship between you and us in relation to our online service.
- You are responsible for keeping your username and password private to prevent unauthorised viewing of your account. If you suspect either of the above have been compromised you will need to amend your security settings for access immediately.
- The information shown via My Pension Online is accurate as at the date shown but may be subject to change. If you suspect any of this information to be incorrect, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that any amendments made to your contact details will be updated immediately through My Pension Online. You are also advised to check that the changes made are correct. If not, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Data in respect of your pension record(s) is held in accordance with Data Protection legislation in force.
- Access to My Pension Online may occasionally be unavailable due to maintenance. It can also be affected by your Internet Service Provider, your Internet connection or the device you are using. If you experience connection difficulties you are advised to retry accessing My Pension Online or contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Although we have appropriate provision to ensure that our website and its links are virus-free, you are advised to ensure that you have adequate anti-virus protection installed on your device.
- The values generated from any benefit projection within My Pension Online are estimated values only and therefore do not confer any statutory rights. They are calculated in accordance with current regulations and are provided on the understanding that they are not legally binding.
- Any calculations made within My Pension Online are applicable to your Local Government Pension Scheme benefits only and therefore do not include any benefits payable in respect of any in-house Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) arrangement you may have. If you are an AVC contributor, and you wish to receive information regarding your options upon retirement, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Unauthorised access to My Pension Online account contravenes the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and may incur criminal penalties as well as damages. Please proceed only if you are an authorised user.
- The Fund is expanding its capacity for digital communications, and the default communication method has been set to reflect this. Therefore, if the Fund has the means to communicate with a member via a digital method, i.e. email, it will do so in the first instance. The member can opt to receive information via printed communication if they prefer to do so. The member’s communications preference can be changed at any time.